Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings #1)- Jackson Pearce

Sister Red Cover
Title: Sisters Red
Author: Jackson Pearce
Release Date: June 2010
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance(?)
Rating: 6.5 stars















Goodreads Description
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?
I was really excited for that book. I love fairytales and fairytale retellings as well. And I really liked the book, but it couldn't really bring me to love it.

It tells the story from the sisters Scarlett and Rosie whose Grandmother was killed by a Fenris. It's told from both their POVs in the present. The story is really interesting and the fighting scenes are really action packed and also let me hold my breath sometimes.
I really liked the writing as well. Jackson Pearce has an easy writing style that makes it easy to continue reading.

My main problem was actually that I didn't couldn't identify with the characters AT ALL. I just didn't feel it and it took away a lot of what this book could've been to me. The same with the love story, I just didn't care about it.
Also, some of the secrets were so painfully obvious and they didn't see it that I wanted to go and slap the characters sometimes.

All in all Sisters Red is a entertaining read with good fighting scenes and an okay love story which I probably won't remember for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment